Friday, November 14, 2008

After Uni.. what's next?

I've finished my final exams 2 days ago!.. yeahh Finish.. as in FOREVER!!
no more exams.. no more papers.. no more!! until i decide to go to grad school..

Anyways, talking bout graduating will lead to the topic of what's next? Work?
as it's already a headline in most countries, yes this world is going through a global financial crisis. And i probably assume that everyone knows why it happen, how, and so on. So i won't be talking about that in here. oh, its kind of an irony that i was indirectly expose to this crisis since the crisis still first started, and no one even knew about it yet.. I started my job at july 2007, when the sub prime just happen.. totally weird! and hear I am now, still surrounded by the news of the market's up-down swing.

*oh gosh, why am i babbling on about this?*

I was going to focus on the JOB MARKET IN THE FINANCIAL CRISIS!!
Since i'll be graduating soon, it's of course most reasonable if I go search for a job. But with big companies laying off their employees, and cut jobs to cut expenses, what about us?? the unemployed ones?
People think that i'm crazy for quitting my job in 2 weeks time. Crazy because i'll have to look for another job next year. Crazy because we don't know whether the economy will worsen or not in the next few months.
but somehow, i felt a 'peace' inside of me when i told my boss that i'm leaving. And I know that 'peace' in me is worth much more than the wage i get. :)

Am I worried in finding a job next year? Am I scared that there won't be enough opportunities with the number of graduates this year?
Yeah of course it has crossed my mind and is probably still in my mind.
But then again, I'm sure that everything will be alright.

talking about all of this slashing jobs and all, it may be a good thing, since the last few decades the Finance industry has been growing a lot. a little bit too much I guess. People working in the Banking & Finance area has been getting paid quite a lot, around 60% of the wages in other sectors. *yes, unbelievable*
So maybe it's good chance for the industry to balance it's self in the world wide sector. well, it never is good to go to the extreme. Maybe by this event, other people will be attracted to other industries - which leaves me with less competitors *i wish* lol.

Hmm.. what about grad-school?? since it's hard to get a job, is grad school an option? Well, that depends on your purpose and ambition i guess.
but as for me, im still lost. I know that i'm not called yet for grad school, so i don't want to go ahead in doing things that's just way over my ability. Honour degree has become an option and it still is an option for me, but it's another year being spent. I really need to know what to do.

Somehow, i feel a strong urge for me to go find a job in the challenging market, and not study, but then again i still havent received that confirmation and conviction from above yet :).

But am I still worried? Nope :)
God's plan, in His time, He will supply everything.

i hold on to that all the time.
I know it's His plan for me to graduate at this very moment (this month, this year, in this financial crisis), so if He wants me to get a job after I graduate, then a job it is. Nothing is every impposible. Not when I've got Him!


Cheers!
<3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gak kerasa yaaaa lo udah mo lulus. mudah2an gue segera menyusul deh hehehe :D

gimana sambil mikir2 setelah kuliah mo ngapain backpacking aja dew, kayak film into the wild. hhe

princessa_dT said...

haha... gw gada uang utk backpacking tar.. LOL...

jia yo tar!! udah mikirin judul??

Anonymous said...

judulnya udah ada dew, cuma blom pasti krn masih bisa berubah. intinya sih nulis ttg blog sbg media aktualisasi diri remaja gitu deh